Saturday, March 12, 2011

Marathon Weekend

Last weekend was the Little Rock Marathon. I like running and support those that do. But I personally thing marathoners are crazy. 26.2 miles?! Really?! Needless to say, that's not on my "bucket list". However, my friend and I did decide to run the Little Rock 5K that was on Saturday. We woke up that morning to find this...
Yes, those are storm clouds. And the storm clouds produced rain. And lots of wind. Woo hoo! Great fun! But, we were up and there, so why not!
My favorite shirt of the day was this. Really, isn't that every runners prayer?! Ha!
The 5K went well and I'm glad we ran it. The next day, Madi and I woke up EARLY to go help with a water stop for the marathoners and half-marathoners.
While we were taking care of the set up (filling thousands of cups with water and Gatorade), this is what Madi did...
She finally uncovered and joined the rest of us after all of the work was done.
I didn't get any pictures when the runners came through because things were so crazy. But after the rush, I did try to get Madi to pose like she was handing out water. As you can tell, she was thrilled!
"Take some water - I dare you!"
Even though I have no desire to ever run a marathon, I'm super impressed by those that did. What a fun weekend!

No comments: