Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hola, West Texas!

Madigan and I spent last weekend visiting the land of my roots, West Texas. While the landscape is not much to look at (if you like trees, that is :)), the trip was incredibly special and I am so glad that we got the opportunity to go and see my family.
We stayed at my granddad's (my dad's dad) house in Levelland, but my mom's parents made a long day trip from Graham, TX to come see us on Friday. So, not only did I get to see all of my grandparents in one day, but Madigan got to be spoiled by all three of her GREAT grandparents at once! It was a very special time for us and of course, I captured it with lots of pictures :)

Madigan entertaining her great-grandparents by "flipping"
Papa "getting" Madigan
Playing puzzles with Mema
Reading with Mema
(Look at the concentration on Madigan's face)
I love this picture - Pa called to check on everyone and Madigan wanted to talk to him. Granddad held out the phone and so Madigan cuddled up next to him to talk to Pa!
Thanks Mema and Papa for making the trip to come see us. We had a wonderful time!

While in West Texas, we also got to see several of my cousins and their kiddos. We met my cousin Brady, who is a student at Texas Tech in Lubbock, for lunch one day.
Also, my cousin Cary and his family came to visit us at Granddad's. Here's a picture of Madigan playing with her 2nd cousin Cary.She also enjoyed playing with her 3rd cousins. This is Tyler, who is 4 years old...and this is Jackson, who is 3 years old. Don't these two look like they're up to something?!
We also visited the "castle park" in Levelland again. This is a really neat park that has something for kids of all ages. Here's the princess waiting for her prince...Going for a quick ride on the horse...I just like this picture because of the hair. Can you tell there was some static electricity?Obviously, we had a wonderful time and I'm very grateful everything worked out for us to make this trip. I've been blessed with an amazing family and it means the world to me to share them and their love with Madigan. We love you all and hope to see you again very soon!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

What a fun trip and special memories! Glad you had a great time!