1. Sleep in
2. Get up and check email/blogs
3. Make an omelet, toast and hot chocolate for breakfast
4. Take a bath
5. Go clothes shopping with some of my gift cards from Christmas
6. Get a hair cut
7. Get ready for a hot date with my wonderful husband
8. Overeat at Outback
9. Go to a movie...at the THEATER!
10. Sleep ALL night long
11. Wake up and get ready for church at a leisurely pace.
12. Walk out of the door carrying...NOTHING :)
13. Attend church service with no shushing, potty breaks or the "activity bag" shuffle
Whew... and after all of that, know what I wanted to do more than anything else? Get my baby back! It's crazy how much I missed her in just a day and a half and while I enjoyed a short break (thanks Mom and Dad!), I wouldn't trade all of the freedom in the world for the time I have with my little girl.
So, what did Madigan do while she was away? Cry because she missed Mommy and Daddy so much? Not exactly. Madigan was so entertained by GeeGee, Pa, her aunt, uncle and cool cousins that she didn't even want to talk to me on the phone! To be fair though, would you want to talk to me if you got to...
knock towers down with Pa,
Yeah, I probably wouldn't want to talk to me either. But, I'm glad she had such a good time. On Saturday night, she took a bubble bath with the cousins and they colored with bath crayons on the walls. Mom left them for a minute and came back to find this.
Yes, that says "Cousins (Cusins) Forever- Ella, Madi (Maddie) and Avery". Avery had written that on the wall. How cute is that?!
It was obviously a good weekend for everyone involved. Thanks to Pa and Gee Gee for including Madigan in your trip, to Matt and Susie for welcoming her into your home and to Avery and Ella for being so good to your little cousin. I'll leave you with this picture of Madigan in her princess dress - I think she's looking wistfully for her Prince Charming :)