Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Grandparents Galore

Finally - the long awaited post!
As mentioned earlier, Madigan got the special treat of getting to spend time with all 4 of her grandparents in one week. Ted's parents came to our house for a visit the weekend before Spring Break. They got here on a Thursday and then flew back home on Monday. Then, Madigan and I went to my parent's house that Thursday and came home on Saturday. So, out of 10 days, Madigan had grandparents spoiling her for 8 of them. That was almost two weeks ago. We're still hearing "well, GeeGee let me do that" , "Pa said I could have that", "Gramps and I did that" and my favorite, "I'm going to call Grandi" when she's not getting her way. :)

Cute picture of Madigan with Grandi and GrampsPosing in front of the flowers with Grandi
A tea party with a glass tea set from Grandi
Make sure Gramps gets some tea...
I actually have a confession. I've gotten really bad about not taking pictures if grandparents are here and using their camera (s). I just figure they'll get all of the good pics and then I'll transfer them to our computer before they leave (the beauty of digital cameras). However, that only works if you remember to transfer their pictures before they leave. I kind of forgot to do that when Grandi and Gramps were here. The last few pictures are the ones they graciously emailed to me. Thank you! I will do better next time...

Onto GeeGee and Pa's house -

Coloring with GeeGee
Cuddling with Pa
Since we won't see my parents before Easter, Mom had Madi's Easter "treats" at the house. Plenty of sugar!
Isn't this a cute bunny? Yeah, I thought so too until Madigan found the "on" button on it's hand. Then it starts to sing, light up, tap it's foot and wiggle it's ears. Still sounds cute? Send me your address and I'll let you "borrow" it for a while. :)Madigan also got to practice hunting Easter eggs while at Pa and Gee Gee's. I don't think she could have done it without the tongue sticking out of her mouth...And the treat inside the eggs was...MONEY? What?! Where was the money in the eggs when I was a kid? She got over $10 in change from hunting eggs for 10 minutes. I'm going to have to talk to the Easter bunny about this. The rest of this is a little unrelated to the post, but did occur on the grandparent's week, so I'm going to include it here. Aunt Kate sent Madigan a light-up Princess shirt and jacket. Very cute.
However, the shirt was made to be form-fitting. So, when Madigan wears it she looks...well, chubby. Mom and I were laughing about this picture and then Mom said there was a picture of me about that age that looked just like her. I guess that means I was chubby. A bit of a blow to the self-esteem, but whatever.
Anyway, after looking through some of the other pictures from GeeGee and Pa's house, I think I've figured out why we're seeing some chubbiness. This is what Madigan had to eat as a bedtime snack...
But don't worry. Madigan is committed to getting herself back in shape. So, she tried out Gee Gee and Pa's Total Gym cycle. You know, it's a lot easier if you lay down while cycling...And if you get tired of cycling, just pretend the Total Gym is a dock and go fishing! That's bound to work off the extra pounds. All in all, we had a wonderful Spring Break week and are thankful to all of the grandparents for the fun, laughs, love, and yes, even spoiling. We love you all and can't wait to do it again!

No comments: