Sunday, June 20, 2010

Camping Time

Madigan spent last week at the 3rd Annual "Camp Pa and Gee Gee's". Madi and her two cousins look forward to this all year long and are never disappointed. They're also never ready to come home! This year, my parents got really brave and took the girls "real" camping for a couple of days.
The girls reconnected with nature. Here's Avery playing in the dirt,
Ella making a masterpiece out of the sand,
and Madigan... playing her cousin's Nintendo DS.
Here's a shot of them in the trailer...with Madigan playing her Nintendo DS.Thankfully, they finally broke her away from the electronics and experiment with some fishing. Ella looking like a real fisherwoman (and I should note that she DID catch a fish!)
Avery - a fisherwoman from way back...
and Madigan fishing?! Hey, everyone has their own style. :)
The girls had a blast "roughing it" (in the air conditioned trailer, of course) and had lots of good stories to tell.
On Tuesday, they arrived back at my parents and continued "camp" from their house. They had arts/crafts time each day...
and came home with some pretty cool stepping stones and sand art!
Avery, the oldest cousin, got to experiment with driving the Yard Bug. Watch out!!Gee Gee also had them help with some clean up. As you can see, that went over well with Madigan.In addition to all of the fun, the girls also ate...and ate...and ate...and ate...and ate. I'm not sure there was any food left in my parents' house by the time the girls left!But probably the coolest thing for the girls was playing in the brand new playhouse that my parents had built as a surprise for the girls.
They let each girl decorate one board on the playhouse. Here's Madi's...
Ella's

and Avery's
I really don't think I could describe how much fun they had playing on this, so I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves!
On Wednesday, Paxton and I crashed Camp Pa and Gee Gee's and spent 2 days hanging out. I have a lot of pictures from that, but I'll save them for the next post. Stay tuned for Camp Pa and Gee Gee's - Part 2!

No comments: