Friday, June 12, 2009

Breaking the Silence

Whew. I thought the last two weeks of school were crazy. Turns out, the first few weeks of summer are even busier! I'm going to make a valiant effort these next few days to catch up on some posts that have been stacking up. I'll start by breaking the silence with... A Ballgame!!!

Weekend before last, Madigan went to my parent's house for the 2nd Annual "Camp Pa and Gee Gee" (more on that in the next post). So, Ted and I took the opportunity to splurge and get good seats at a Ranger's game. It was fantastic, as expected. Before the game, Casting Crowns performed as part of the "I Am Second" concert series (www.iamsecond.com). It was really cool. Make sure you note the massive picture of Josh Hamilton to the side. Love it...
I also want to note (because I may not ever get the chance again) that the Rangers are leading the American League West by 4 1/2 games. Here's the proof...I was actually a little sad Madigan wasn't with us when we found out it was mascot night. So, we took some good pictures for her. Here's the Ranger's mascot, Captain.
FredBird, the Cardinal's mascot. Yes, Ted did hiss at it.Screech from the Washington NationalsJumpin Jack Rabbit from the Houston AstrosAnd a combo pic - The Mariner Moose in the front with RONALD MCDONALD throwing out the first pitch. Who wouldn't want to be present for a night filled with all of these stars?!Anyway, enough about that. On to the game! Here's a pic of Ted and I on the FRONT ROW, right past the visitor's dugout. Hey, we only get to splurge once a year :)
We were so close, I wore my glove the entire game. Unfortunately, I STILL did not get a foul ball. Pickett - this picture was for you. We got to see all of the Ranger's players up close and personal.
Michael Young
Josh Hamilton
Ian Kinsler
And just for Madigan - Marlon Byrd on his home run trot! (I'll post a video soon of Madigan "Doin the Bird" and you'll understand why she's such a big fan!)We even got to see the great Nolan Ryan from across the field. He looks super excited, doesn't he?The end result - the Rangers WON 14-1!!! There were lots of home runs, fireworks, and even several rounds of the wave! Woo hoo! It was a great game and a good night out without child (although I did miss her quite a bit!) Go Rangers!

1 comment:

Growin' Owens said...

So, you don't even invite me to the game that Ronald McDonald is throwing the first pitch at? What kind of friend are you?