Monday, August 31, 2009

The Princess and her Castle

Anyone who knows my daughter knows that she is a girly girl. She loves all things pink, prissy and princess.
Obviously she does not get this from me...
Anyway, for her 3rd birthday, I lost yet one more battle and she got a Princess room. This actually was a strategic plan to not only give her a "big girl" room, but to get her out of the nursery without it seeming like baby brother was taking over her space. It's worked - she moved out and hasn't looked back at the "baby room" (as she calls it) once. Grandi, Gramps, Gee Gee and Pa gave her the Princess bedding and accessories for her birthday, which completed the room. So here are a few pictures of the final result...
The Pink Wall
The Purple Wall
The Castle Wall
(with magnetic paint, so they can play with the Princess magnets on it)
The Yellow Wall
This is what it looks like when you walk in. Very pink and girly...
And now you've seen it. This is just one more time that I've been taught not to use the phrase "I'll never..." This time, "I'll never have a Princess room in my house." Funny how things work out, huh?

And with a room like this, how could we expect to read anything except Princess stories at bedtime? This time, however, Madigan decided to read to us...
(I couldn't decide which one to post, so I'm posting them all. If you're not a grandparent, feel free to disregard a few!)

Beauty and the Beast


The Little Mermaid


Sleeping Beauty


Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (or Dorps :) )


So there you have it. The Princess in all her glory! At least she can hit and throw a softball too!!

2 comments:

Dorothy Taylor said...

My mother told me when Justin was born. Never say "Never" about your kids, they will make a liar out of you every time. HA! The room looks great and it makes Madigan a very happy little girl.

Granny Taylor

Brian and Katie Whitt said...

Lily can never see this post. if she knew that a princess room was possible i'd never hear the end of it. let's just keep this quiet and to ourselves.