Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring Breaking in Texas

For the first part of my Spring Break, the kids and I headed to Rusk, America to spend a few days with my parents. We arrived on Saturday and just hung out most of the day. Pa and Paxton caught up...

while Madigan worked out on the Total Gym.
The next morning, we got dressed up for church.
Mom wanted to take a picture of us, but Paxton had an important call to finish first. :)The pre-church picture
Since we were in the country, Paxton decided to try to fit in by wearing his overalls.
"So, you been farmin long?"
On Monday, we worked hard to squeeze as much fun in as possible in one day. Madigan, of course, insisted on some Yard Bug rides. This time, Paxton and I joined her!
Gee Gee and Madi throwing sweet gumballs into the creek
Paxton wasn't as crazy about the sweet gumballs. Gee Gee and Madi also managed to make time for some artwork. Check it out!
Pa and Paxton were not interested in painting and glittering, so they just relaxed on the front porch.
Madigan always likes to go horseback riding at Pa and GeeGee's.

And this time, Paxton was big enough to take a ride!In case you can't tell, he liked it...
Since Easter is just around the corner, GeeGee made the kids Easter baskets. Pretty cool, huh?

And once the candy was out of the eggs, there was only one thing to do. Hunt Easter Eggs!



Look at what I found!
Madigan wanted to let GeeGee have some fun too, so she hid the eggs for her. I thought it would be fun to hide some up high (since GeeGee is a bit short), so I helped too!
Madigan quickly saw that GeeGee would need some help and took pity on her. "Here GeeGee, let me give you a hand."
Unfortunately, my plan backfired and I had to hunt the eggs next...
Apparently I needed some help as well.
Madigan was excited to show Paxton her eggs. He was incredibly impressed, as you can tell.
Later that day, Mema and Papa arrived for a visit!!!
Mema came bearing gifts, of course. Thankfully Madigan was there to show her how all of the cool toys worked. Paxton enjoyed his bonding time with Mema...and thought Papa was quite interesting! He seriously just sat and stared at Papa for the longest time.
And on Tuesday, Auntie (my great-aunt) came to lunch to see the kiddos (and me too, I'm sure!)
It was a wonderful trip, but it wasn't long before it was time to saddle up and head home.
Since returning to Arkansas, Madigan has apparently lost the ability to play by herself for any extended amount of time and Paxton bursts into tears if left in a room by himself. So the spoiling was a success. :)

Thanks to Pa and GeeGee for making our trip so great and to Mema, Papa, and Auntie for coming to see us! We love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.