Friday, April 02, 2010

And so it begins

Well, we took the plunge and enrolled Madi in her first organized (well, as organized as 3 year olds get) class/activity. Unfortunately, she's not old enough for T-ball, so we went with gymnastics! Yes, she loves it.
I was all set to send her in a T-shirt and shorts/windpants. I mean, come on. She's only 3. She doesn't need any of those fancy gymnastics outfits, right? That theory held out until her first class when I saw the problem with her T-shirt and pants...and so did every else. Madi had a bit of trouble keeping her shirt down and her pants up. In other words, everyone got a good view of her cute little bottom. So, I caved and bought her a leotard. It worked out much better.
There are only 4 girls in the class and they do an awful lot of giggling.
This week, Madigan conquered a fear and got up on the high balance beam.
This is her "I did it!" pose. She's quite good at it.
A far away picture of Madi in the foam pit. Am I the only adult that really wants to jump in this thing?
This was my favorite - this is her "at rest" pose.
Anyway, it's been a good experience so far and Madigan is quite obsessed now with her super sweet gymnastics skills. Paxton has even been inspired to work on his jumping moves by watching his sister the last two weeks.


So we'll see how this goes. So far, Madigan has given it two thumbs up!

No comments: