Monday, April 26, 2010

Batman and Funland

Okay, Batman and Funland really have nothing to do with each other. But I needed to put all of these pictures together in one post. :)

Aunt Kate got Paxton a Batman shirt that he wore to church last week.

Nananana Nananana BATMAN!!!
Check out my super hero moves! Watch out!
Gotham City beware!!

While Paxton was ridding the city of villains, Madi was on her own new adventure. On Saturday afternoon, our friend Ms. Marti called to see if we wanted to join them at Funland. This is a little amusement park at Burns Park that we've driven/run/walked past thousands of times but never stopped at. I wasn't sure how Madigan would do on the rides since she tends to be a bit of a scaredy cat at times. But we got her strapped in the "roller coaster" and she was still all smiles...
Hang on!!!
I'm not really sure why this picture turned out the colors it did, but I thought it looked pretty cool. Turns out, she loved it. Maybe I will have someone to ride roller coasters with me the next time we go to Six Flags (because it sure won't be her father!)Next up - Tea Cups (or at least the Funland version of tea cups!)
We tried to help them turn the cup by telling them to turn to the right. Then we realized that they didn't really know their directions yet!!About this point, Paxton realized that we weren't going to let him ride any of the rides, so he settled for playing with his froggie. Madigan moved on to the cars. She's good at being a backseat driver.
And, of course, she had to ride the merry-go-round.
Here's a question for you - what good would the "seat belt" do on this horse? Best I could figure, if she went down it would just hang her! Thankfully we didn't find out. :)
The last thing Madi wanted to ride was the Ferris Wheel. I was a bit concerned about this one since it did go pretty high and the seats rocked. Thankfully, Emma (who is a super cool OLDER kid) agreed to ride with Madi.
I love her face in this one! But with Emma beside her, there was no fear. Even when Emma started rocking the seat!
I totally chopped off their heads, but I love this pictures. Can you tell she had a good time?
We actually had to deal with crying when it was time to leave, but I'll take that over having to stop a ride to retrieve a screaming kid any day! Thanks to Ms. Marti for the invitation. It was super fun!!!

1 comment:

MartiMichelle said...

We loved having Madi and Paxton there! Emma loves being the "big kid". :)