Friday, January 22, 2010

Best Buddies

Now that I'm back to working three days a week, we've resumed our childcare switch-out with Laura and Jamie. I've enjoyed having the kiddos around, but nowhere near as much as Madigan. She was begging me to go back to work so that she could go back to playing with her buddies! I think she was having a bit of Jenna-withdrawals!
And Madi and Jenna have been a huge help to me taking care of the babies. Well, sometimes...Paxton is having fun playing with his new buddy, Lindsey. Even though Lindsey is a bit more mobile than him and likes to use him as a bridge to the other side of the room!On Fridays, Will joins the fun and teaches Paxton how to survive in a house full of girls. Will is even more mobile than Lindsey though, so when he's here the baby jail comes out. "Help! I'm trapped!""Maybe I can get Lindsey to help me bust out of here.""Or I guess we could just play with the 5000 toys that are in this room and quit trying to break free... for now, at least."Madigan loves playing on the swing set with her buddies. And I've enjoyed not having to ride on the see-saw!We've also learned that Paxton is quite the ladies' man. Hmm... this may not be fun during the teenage years. What a blessing to have such good friends!

2 comments:

Brian and Katie Whitt said...

how awesome that you can switch babysitting with friends! what a nice set up! even more awesome is the fact that you can set your kids free and let them play outside in JANUARY. There are only so many Saturdays that we can take the kids to the mall to run around.

Bowsman Family said...

We should arrange our own child switch, Katie. You send your kids to me and I'll let them play outside in the winter and I'll send my kids to you and you can show them how to make a real snowman (one that's taller than 6 inches!)