Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekend with Pa and Gee Gee

Pa and Gee Gee came to Arkansas this weekend to spend time with us. Okay, they came to see the grandkids and as a result, got to spend some time with Ted and me too! It had been 6 weeks since we'd all been together for Thanksgiving, so needless to say Paxton had changed quite a bit! They were in awe at how "chubby" he'd gotten. So, he got lots of cuddle time with Gee Gee...And plenty of playtime with Pa...But don't worry - Madigan wasn't neglected at all when it came to getting attention. She and Gee Gee spent some time primping (since Madi's nails hadn't been painted since the last time we saw Gee Gee!)And, of course, they spent time playing on the new swing set. As always, Pa and Gee Gee brought "treats". Can you tell that Madigan likes her new bear?And I never would have guessed how much fun could be had with two plastic balls. Paxton decided to show off while Pa and Gee Gee were here. He started out in this position...And ended up like this...That's right - he rolled over from his tummy to his back. He was quite proud of himself!Before church on Sunday, we again took pictures. I thought these turned out cute. We also played some Wii Fit and I got some hilarious videos of Pa and Gee Gee doing some rhythmic kung fu. However, I'd like to stay the favorite child, so I won't be posting them here. :)

We had a great weekend and are so glad they got to come visit. I talked to my dad tonight and he said he was going into withdrawals from missing the kids. I told Madigan that and she said, "He's going where?" Oops, guess the word "withdrawal" wasn't in her vocabulary yet! :)

Thanks to Pa and Gee Gee for everything. We love you!

No comments: