Saturday, October 16, 2010

Go Rangers!!!

After only 11 short years, my Rangers finally made it to the playoffs! My wonderful husband knew what a big deal this would be for me, so he managed to get us tickets to the first home game of the ALDS.
For those of you that know me and my baseball obsession, you'll understand when I say I was like a kid at a candy store. I've never been to a more exciting sporting event and I was quite hyped up. Even the "It's Time!" sign made me giggle like a little girl.
I tried hard to get a picture of the 2010 West Division Champions flag, but the wind didn't cooperate. This was the best I could do.
Two hardcore Rangers' fans and one convert
And just when you think this trip couldn't get any better, our fourth ticket went to none other than my mom! Yay for Gee Gee!
We really did ask my mom to come because she loves baseball and is a big Rangers' fan (if they aren't playing the Yankees...which is a whole other story). But we discovered an added bonus to having her at the game. She provided Madigan with constant attention. At one point, they disappeared for 3 full innings. Apparently they explored the fine cuisine offered at the ballpark,
And returned with treats galore!
Pizza anyone?
Madi really did a great job and seemed to love all of the excitement.
She even got good about knowing when to give the "antlers" and the "claw"! (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, go watch some playoff games.)
It also helped that Madi made a new friend who was sitting in front of her. Isn't this cute?
They talked, drew in a notepad, played "I Spy", and played games on the girls' mom's phone. When we were leaving, the little girl asked if she could give Madi a hug and on the way back to the hotel, Madi asked if she could come over to our house sometime! Gotta love it.
Unfortunately, the Rangers did not manage to win that game. We were actually up 2-1 and I took Madi to the bathroom. When I got back, we were losing 2-3. As you can see, I was less than thrilled.
But despite that, it was an amazing experience that I got to share with 51, 745 wonderful Rangers fans!
You might be wondering where Paxton and Pa were during this time. Well, they chose to stay at the hotel and bond. Apparently, Paxton thrived on the 1 on 1 attention. Pa reported that he laughed the whole time. They played, wrestled, and enjoyed a McDonald's burger and Diet Coke. Yes, you read that right. Pa fed him a BURGER and let him drink DIET COKE. Needless to say, Paxton was nice and wired by the time we got back (and until almost 11:00pm...)

Of course, he fit right in with his sister (who was still giving the "antlers"!)
It was a wonderful trip and we were all sad to head home early the next day. But we've still been cheering loud and proud for our Rangers here in Arkansas!

Go Rangers!!!

No comments: