Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkin Patch 2010

Yesterday, we loaded up and headed to the pumpkin patch for a little fun.
I love this pumpkin patch (Motley's Pumpkin Patch in Little Rock). How can you not love a place that posts signs like this?
They do a great job of catering the activities to little kids. Paxton enjoyed hanging out with the animals at the petting zoo,
while Madigan tested out her new daring side by jumping off of hay bales.

By far, my favorite part was still the pig races. This year, Jimmy Dean beat out Wilbur for the title. So stinkin funny! Really, stinking AND funny.
A new attraction this year was a cow train. Madi rode "Maggie".
Paxton and I settled for "Gertie". Paxton's excitement was overwhelming.
Madi also liked riding on the horse swing.
And Paxton chilled in his car swing.
I don't know where the idea that trips to pumpkin patches have to result in informal photo shoots came from, but I didn't want to be a bad mom and not do my part. So, here goes... :)

Paxton with the pumpkins
Paxton in the hay
Madigan with the pumpkins
Serious pose
My little pumpkins
Mommy and the kids
Daddy and the kids
The best we could do

I have to admit though, that of ALL of the pictures I took, this one is probably going to be my favorite. Does that make me a bad mom?

I just think the look of sheer terror on both of their faces is hilarious. Since the grandmas are going to read this and be upset at me, I should go on record for saying that Madi thought the "man" was cool and wanted her picture made with him. However, once I put her up there, she thought she was going to fall off of the wagon and panicked. And Paxton was fine when I first set him up there. But when Madi freaked, he started to cry as well. Hence, the picture. :)

Despite that picture, I promise we really did have a good time. Paxton especially liked when we gave him his own little pumpkin to hold...
or to smoke. Whatever works. :)
A great trip to the pumpkin patch was had by all. One thing we can check off of our fall to-do list!

No comments: