Friday, October 09, 2009

Oops!

So it was brought to my attention last night that I never posted pictures of a trip Madigan went on a couple of months ago. At first, I thought that I had somehow neglected to do this because I didn't go on this trip and it just slipped my mind (I was totally going to blame it on the "pregnancy brain"). But turns out, I never posted these because the pictures were in the wrong folder on my computer and I couldn't see them. Stupid technology... Anyway, sorry Mom. Here is the long awaited post!

One weekend, my parents came through and spent the night on Friday. On Saturday morning, they woke up and headed to Tennessee, with Madigan in tow. Let me first of all tell you some of the reasons that Madigan loves road trips with Pa and Gee Gee...

#1 - Lots of food stops. Madigan wants McDonalds for breakfast? Okay! Sprite to drink (at 7:00 in the morning)? Sure!
#2 - Related to #1, there is an abundance of sugar provided on these trips. Starbursts? Sweet!#3 - MOVIES in the CAR!!! How cool is that?! Why can't my Mom and Dad realize it's 2009 and get a DVD player in the car? Pa and Gee Gee have one...#4 - Basically, Madigan gets whatever she wants, whenever she wants it. In this picture - the sun was bright, so she wanted Gee Gee's sunglasses. And she got them. Of course. Anyway, you can see why Madigan likes road trips with Gee Gee and Pa so much more than traveling with boring Mom and Dad. :)

Now back to the weekend. They arrived in Tennessee and surprised cousin Ella at her 6th birthday party! This happened to be a skating party and fortunately, Madigan had come prepared. Uncle Matt helped her get strapped in...
While Gee Gee took care of the pulling (with Ella prepared in case Madi needed any pushing!)
Just don't let go!!
She definitely enjoyed the party! Who wouldn't enjoy hanging out with these cool cousins?After the party, they even got to go to the park and run off some of their sugar-induced energy!
Gotta love the hair!!
Obviously it goes without saying that Madigan had a wonderful time. Not only was she spoiled rotten by the grandparents, but she got to be a "big girl" with her super cool cousins. Thanks to Pa and Gee Gee for letting her tag along and to Matt, Susie, Avery and Ella for letting her come play with the big kids!
And again, sorry it took me 2 months to get this up. :)

No comments: