Friday, October 16, 2009

Party Like It's 1999...

Okay, so I didn't really party much in 1999 either, but it was just too good a line to pass up...

About 3 weeks ago, we traveled to Fort Worth for my 10 Year High School Reunion. Since this would be our last road trip before the baby comes, we decided to make a whole weekend out of it. We went to my high school's football game and then spent the night with one of my very best friends and her family. Debra and I have been friends since 6th grade and she has two little girls - a 3 year old and a 1 year old. So, Madigan had a blast playing with them! Unfortunately, I did not pull my camera out while we were there. Debra took some, so I'll ask her to send some of the girls and post them soon. We did get one picture of the four adults at the reunion...of course, I had my eyes closed!
Oh well! It was great to spend time with them. Thanks Essens for letting us stay!

On Saturday, we met up with my cousin for a little while, ate at the BEST restaurant in the WORLD (Joe's Pasta and Pizza) and spent the rest of the day with some other wonderful friends, Jessy and Susan. Again, no pictures... :(. That evening, Jessy and Susan graciously kept Madigan and Ted and I went to my reunion. Here are some pictures some people have sent me. :)
Debra and me...
We've come a long way in 10 years, don't you think? :)I also got to reunite with some good friends that I'd unfortunately lost touch with over the years. Traci (on the left) is expecting a baby boy soon! Leslie (right) was the organizer of the whole reunion event. She did a GREAT job!The pregnant girls...
It was a great time! Still can't believe it's been 10 years. Does that make me old? Don't answer that.

AND...since we were already in the metroplex for the weekend, we managed to catch a Rangers' game. :)

This was the first game that Madigan really got to enjoy the "Kid's Zone" that's set up behind the outfield.
"How cool is this, Mom?"""Put me in Coach...I'm ready to play!"Since we didn't get to see the "real" Captain, we settled for a picture of him.This game was in the afternoon, right through naptime and on the heels of a VERY busy weekend that consisted of staying up late at night. So how did we keep her awake? Simple...sugar!But eventually the sugar crash came and we had a very sleepy girl on our hands. Since it was the 8th inning, the Rangers were getting crushed, and we had a 5 hour drive back home, we said goodbye to the metroplex.
What a great weekend!

1 comment:

jamie b said...

Madi was telling me about this trip, and she kept saying they went to "Old High School" to watch football, like that was them name of it!! Go OHS :)