Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Preparing for Paxton

We're all anxiously awaiting the arrival of Paxton. For the most part, Madigan has been all about becoming a big sister and welcoming her little brother into our lives.
But we've also noticed a few changes in her that we're crediting to her awareness that things are about to change. The changes are brief but pretty drastic. She goes from a sweet, loving, well-mannered child to the dramatic, screaming kid that you see at Walmart and think to yourself "My kid will NEVER act like that". You know the one. Yep, that's my kid these days. Fortunately these fits only last a few moments but still...they make me tired. At the pumpkin patch yesterday, we caught two of these moments on film so I thought I would post them for your viewing pleasure.

This was the start of a fit over the sun being too bright.
Yes that's right - the SUN was TOO BRIGHT! The nerve of that sun...
This time I asked her very politely to take a picture with me on top of the hay mountain. Her reaction? Lay down in the fetal position and start screaming. Like I said, the fits don't last very long. She's right back to herself in just a matter of seconds. Me, on the other hand? I'm left wondering - "where did this child come from?"I know we have lots more fun in store for us once Paxton does arrive. For now, I'm just trying to keep my sanity (and not start screaming back at her...at least not in public). Have a great week!

2 comments:

Brian and Katie Whitt said...

you're not alone! she has a twin up here in NY!

Amy said...

Can we make that triplets?? Brooklyn would run from me everywhere we went, thought it was so funny. The first time I ran after her postpartum she was so surprised at how "fast mommy had gotten". We will be praying for you all in the adjustments and excitement ahead for ya! Love ya!